view counter

Can I open an RESP for a teenager/older child?

by Maxine
Posted August 1 2010 12:38am
Filed under:

Yes, you can open an RESP for a teenager or older child. Any child 17 or younger is eligible for the Canada Education Savings Grant. However, the younger you start the more interest will accrue and the more contributions you will be eligible to receive from government incentive programs. Since the plan is designed to support long-term savings for your child’s education there are special rules that apply for children between the ages of 15 and 17. Contact Service Canada or speak to your RESP provider for more information on your specific situation.


0 comment(s)
Login or register to post comments
view counter


One of our temperament traits, our innate reaction to the world, is First Reaction. Some people love novelty and change while others react with caution to new situations.
Read More »
You can use a variety of Comfort, Play & Teach strategies that are tailored to different temperament traits.
Read More »
What comes to mind when you hear the phrase Positive Parenting? Positive Parenting is the approach to parenting that we believe best supports all aspects of healthy child development.
Read More »


This week's poll
Do you “drop everything” if a friend calls and invites you over for a play-date?

syndicated content powered by FeedBurner


FeedBurner makes it easy to receive content updates in My Yahoo!, Newsgator, Bloglines, and other news readers.
Learn more about syndication and Feedburner »